Tux Racer lets you take on the role of Tux the Linux Penguin as he
races down steep, snow-covered mountains. Enter cups and compete to win the
title! Tux Racer includes a variety of options for gameplay,
including the ability to race courses in fog, at night, and under
Your journey starts as you compete on local courses. Win and you will
unlock other courses and cups that will lead you to more exciting
and challenging races. Only the quickest, smartest, and luckiest
Features (as of version 0.60)
- Fun, easy to learn
- Exciting 3D courses
- Sophisticated physics result in thrilling rides down the mountains
- Collect herring while avoiding obstacles for high scores
- Race over a variety of surfaces, including fluffy snow and slick ice
- Race in various weather conditions and lighting conditions
- Create your own courses using any paint program such as The GIMP
(no 3D modeller required)
- Suitable for all ages
Minimum System Requirements: Pentium 200MMX, 64MB RAM, 20MB uncompressed
hard disk space, 3D graphics card with full OpenGL support, 16-bit sound card
Recommended System: 400 MHz CPU, 128MB RAM, 20MB uncompressed
hard disk space, TNT2/Voodoo3-class 3D graphics card or better,
16-bit sound card
Input Devices: Mouse and Keyboard required; Joystick/gamepad optional.
Analog joysticks supported.
Read what others have to say about Tux Racer!
The Tux Racer source code is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Tux Racer is Copyright (c) 1999-2001 by Jasmin F. Patry.
"Tux Racer" is a trademark of Jasmin F. Patry.